A KILLER sandwich drawing inspiration from Cuba, Viet Nam, Hawaii and Mexico, smoked then seared using the G'rillaQue on my Weber.
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|Mexican oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Bitter orange||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , finely minced|
|Olive oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pork belly||2 1/2 Pound (((fresh, skin on pork belly used)))|
|French baguette||2 Small|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mango salsa||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Using a mortar and pestle, grind garlic cloves, peppercorns, mexican oregano and sea salt.
2. Transfer this mixture into a bowl and add bitter orange, pineapple juice, minced onion and olive oil to it.
3. In a zip lock bag, place the pork belly and pour the marinade over it. Seal the ziplock bag and allow to marinate for a minimum of four hours.
4. Meanwhile prepare the grill, as shown in the video.
5. Remove the pork belly from the marinade and place it on the grill. Cover and allow to cook for about 5 hours.
6. Remove from the grill and wrap it in a foil. Prepare the grill for searing by removing the lid.
7. Divide the pork belly in half and then cut it into even sized slices. Remove the skin from each slice as shown in the video.
8. Grease a ceremic plate with grapeseed oil and place it on the grill. Place the pork belly on the ceramic plate and allow to sear.
9. Cut the baguette into half and apply mayonnaise on both halves. Place pork belly slices on the bottom half and top with mango salsa. Cover the sandwich with the top half of bagutte.
10. Cut the sandwich in half and serve.