A twist to the classic sandwich. Try this version today.
|Salt flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Roasted onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Iceberg lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs) , shredded|
1. Prepare webber grill for both direct and indirect cooking.
2. Season your steak with salt flakes on both sides. Pat to stick them over meat.
3. Place the steaks over direct heat and sear them on both sides.
4. Transfer the steak to indirect heat, rub garlic several times over the steak and let it cook under the lid until it reaches an internal meat temperature of 54 C.
5. Meanwhile heat the lid of the dutch oven and prepare an egg over it.
6. Mix sriracha with mayonnaise to prepare a sauce. Set it aside.
7. Rest and slice the steak. Keep it aside.
8. Spread mayonnaise and sriracha sauce over the pita bread.
9. Layer the bread with shredded iceberg lettuce and tomato slices. Arrange steak slices on top.
10. Place egg on top, followed by roasted onions. Top with some more of the sriracha sauce.
11. Cover with the other bread half and serve.