Today's recipe for Make Ahead Eggs Florentine Breakfast Sandwiches is part of my new "Take Out Classics" series featuring easy recipes and ideas for making classic take out dishes quickly and easily at home.
|Canadian bacon slices||8|
|Whole wheat thin buns||8|
|Coarse black pepper||To Taste|
|Baby spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||4 , chopped finely|
|Cheddar cheese slices||4|
1. In a non-stick pan lightly sprayed with oil fry the Canadian Bacon over medium high heat,sprinkling with coarse black pepper, and turning them over after about five minutes when they're nice a brown.
2. Split the buns and place on a baking sheet under the broiler and lightly toast.
3. Cook, drain, and chop 2 cups of baby spinach.
4. In a bowl, whisk 8 eggs, whisk in a quarter cup of the salsa, add the drained spinach and four chopped green onions.Pour the mixture into a non-stick frying pan that's been lightly sprayed with oil, and gently scramble over medium high heat.
5. Cool the eggs to room temperature on paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
6. Place a slice of cooked back bacon onto a toasted bun, top with 1/4 cup of the cooled, drained, egg mixture, add a tbsp of salsa, and a half slice of low fat cheese.
7. Wrap individually in plastic and place in a labelled freezer bag.
8. When you're ready to cook, unwrap, place in a paper towel, and microwave on high for a minute and a half.
9. Serve warm.