|Salmon||1 Pound , skinned|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon (Cornstarch)|
|Egg white||1 Small , beaten|
|Red bell pepper||1 , cut in to chunks|
|Green bell pepper||1 , cut in to chunks|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||4 , quartered|
|Cucumber||3/4 , deseeded|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Place the salmon in a shallow dish and sprinkle over the cornflour (cornstarch), and salt and pepper to taste. Add the beaten egg white and toss well to coat. Leave to chill for 15 minutes.
2. Thread the pieces of salmon on to 4 skewers, alternating the fish pieces with the chunks of red and green (bell) peppers. Set the skewers aside until required.
3. To make the sauce, place all of the ingredients in a food processor and chop coarsely. Alternatively, chop the tomatoes, cucumber and basil leaves by hand and mix with the oil lemon juice and seasoning. Leave to chill.
4. To serve, barbecue (grill) the salmon brochettes over hot coals for 10 minutes, brushing frequently with olive oil to prevent them from drying during cooking.
5. Slice the ciabatta bread at an angle to produce 4 long slices. Lightly toast on the barbecue (grill).
6. Spread the sauce over each slice of bread and top with a brochette. You can serve the brochettes on toasted French sticks.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2372Calories from Fat 1493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 168 g258.5%
Saturated Fat 23 g115%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2356 mg98.17%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 110 g220%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet