|Fillet||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Light soy sauce||5 Tablespoon|
|Fish stock||5 Tablespoon|
|Superfine sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||5 Tablespoon|
|Sweet sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , crushed|
1. Skin the salmon and cut the flesh into 5 cm/2 inch chunks. Trim the leeks and cut them into 5 cm/2 inch lengths.
2. Thread the salmon and leeks alternately on to 8 pre-soaked wooden skewers. Leave to chill in the refrigerator until required.
3. To make the sauce, place all of the ingredients in a small pan and heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Strain the sauce and leave to cool.
4. Pour about one-third of the sauce into a small dish and set aside to serve with the kebabs (kabobs).
5. Brush plenty of the remaining sauce over the skewers and cook directly on the rack or, if preferred, place a sheet of oiled kitchen foil on the rack and cook the salmon on that. Barbecue (grill) the skewers over hot coals for about 10 minutes, turning once. Baste frequently during cooking with the remaining sauce to prevent the fish and vegetables from drying out. Serve the kebebs (kabobs) with the reserved sauce for dipping.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1469Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 3.73 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.8 mg
Sodium 6709.6 mg279.57%
Total Carbohydrates 249 g83%
Dietary Fiber 26.02 g104%
Sugars 86.9 g
Protein 89 g177.8%
Vitamin A 480.3% Vitamin C 295.8%
Calcium 86.8% Iron 169.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet