In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Springtime Salad. This is a colorful, healthy, and tasty addition for an Easter table.
|Bibb lettuce heads||1|
|Avocado||1 , thinly sliced|
|Seedless green grapes||2 Cup (32 tbs) , halved|
|Sliced strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh)|
|Mango||1 , chopped|
|Red onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , thinly sliced|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted sliced almonds||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Rinse and pat dry lettuce using paper towel.
2. Remove the heart of the lettuce and place the remaining outer leaves of the Bibb lettuce in a large salad bowl as liner. Set the bowl aside.
3. Tear the heart into bite-sized pieces, to get about 4 cups torn lettuce.
4. In a separate bowl, combine torn lettuce, avocado, green grapes, mango, strawberry, red onion, cilantro leaves, and almonds. Toss well.
5. Ladle salad mixture into the bowl lined with lettuce.
6. Drizzle poppy seed dressing on top and serve salad immediately.