A salad so good you cant stop eating it, that also happens to be good for you.
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Clove (10 gm) , minced|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarse grain dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Green valley organics lactose free plain kefir||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Kale||4 Cup (64 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz) , drained (15|
|Dried apricots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1/4 Medium , thinly sliced|
|Chopped cilantro||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped|
|Olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat a large saucepan or small Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add quinoa and toast until fragrant and slightly darker in color, a couple of minutes.
3. Add 2 cups of water; cover and bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is fully cooked, about 20 minutes longer. Cool quinoa to lukewarm.
5. Meanwhile make dressing by whisking garlic, cumin, mustard, kefir, a pinch of salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup. Slowly whisk in oil to make a thick, flavorful dressing.
6. Place remaining ingredients—kale, kidney beans, apricots, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add warm quinoa and the dressing; toss to coat.
PER SERVING (Calculated for 6 servings): 315 CAL; 10G PROT; 12G TOTAL FAT (1G SAT. FAT); 43G CARB; 0MG CHOL; 297MG SOD; 9G FIBER; 10G SUGARS
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2464Calories from Fat 620
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.7%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1070 mg44.58%
Total Carbohydrates 373 g124.3%
Dietary Fiber 66 g264%
Sugars 48 g
Protein 105 g210%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet