A delicious pasta salad with zucchini and cherry tomatoes!
|Penne pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon , divided (2 tablespoons for frying the vegetables and 1 tablespoon for the pasta)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon , minced|
|Zucchini||1 Medium , chopped|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) , whole|
|Black pepper||To Taste , ground|
|Red pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste (dry)|
|Marinara sauce/Pasta sauce||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Feta cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (as needed)|
1. In a pan with water, boil the pasta with some salt. Once boiled, drain and add in some olive oil and stir.
2. Take a pan, heat a little olive oil and add the minced garlic and zucchini. Stir and then add the whole cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and black pepper. Saute on a high heat.
3. Add the red pepper flakes and the dry Italian seasoning and stir.
4. Add the boiled pasta into this pan and stir well to combine all the vegetables and the pasta. Add marinara sauce (optional) and mix.
5. Serve garnished with feta cheese and sprinkles of parsley.
The zucchini and tomato can be seasoned with salt and pepper and can also be roasted or broiled in the oven instead of stir frying.