Salade Olivier is Russian Potato salad, what makes this salad different than other potato salad? Meat, and green english peas turn ordinary potato salad into something special.
|Boiled potatoes||1 1/2 Pound|
|White onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Eggs||2 , boiled|
|Dill/Sour pickle||1 Large|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (frozen or canned)|
|Meat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (ham, turkey, corned beef, any type of left over beef or corned beef)|
|Mayonnaise||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Peel and boil potatoes cooking until tender. If you desire to have carrot in your salad add a couple of peeled carrots halfway through the potato cooking process.
2. In a separate pot, boil eggs until they are cooked through.
3. Allow the potatoes, eggs, and carrots, if used to cool before dicing into bite sized pieces and placing in a bowl.
4. In a bowl, add finely chopped onions, and a chopped dill pickle.
5. Add green peas and mayonnaise. Stir all together until well blended.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with a dill weed and serve right away.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2408Calories from Fat 1421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 158 g243.1%
Saturated Fat 21 g105%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1221 mg50.88%
Total Carbohydrates 158 g52.7%
Dietary Fiber 34 g136%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 90 g180%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet