|Shortening||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chopped cooked chicken||4 Cup (64 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Silvered toasted almonds||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , toasted|
|Mayonnaise||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Steak sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Pimiento strip||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a mixing bowl and combine together salt and flour in it.
3) Take a pastry blender and cut in butter and shortening. Blend until mixture begins to resemble a coarse meal.
4) Sprinkle mixture with milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir with a fork just until the dry ingredients become moistened.
5) Shape prepared dough into 60 balls of 3/4 inch size.
6) Place the balls in an ungreased muffin pan of 1 3/4-inch dimension and shape each ball in the shape of a shell.
7) Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
8) Allow the balls to cool completely.
9) Take a bowl and mix together chicken, almonds, celery, mayonnaise, steak sauce, curry powder, seasoned salt and garlic sauce in it. Cover and chill the mixture for about 1 hour or more.
10) Spoon the filling mixture into tart shells. Garnish with pimiento strips and serve immediately.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 4578Calories from Fat 2766
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 309 g475.4%
Saturated Fat 70 g350%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3341 mg139.21%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g86%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 197 g394%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet