Tess Ward is in the Scoff kitchen once again with her tasty yet super-healthy food recipes. In this video she shows you how to put a creative twist on a healthy salad using spelt accompanied with red cabbage and hazelnutsGive it a go at home and tell us what you think!
|Red cabbage||1/2 Small|
|Fresh parsley||8 Gram|
|Flame raisins||50 Gram|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic infused olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Apple||1 , sliced|
1. Take garlic flavored olive oil, apple cider vinegar, cumin, sweer paprika, dijon mustard and maple syrup in a bowl. Whisk well.
2. Season with salt and pepper and set the dressing aside.
3. Boil spelt until done. Drain the water.
4. While the grain is boiling, break and put hazelnuts in a baking dish.
5. Drizzle some olive oil on top, followed by cumin, smoked paprika and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper. Give everything a good mix.
6. Toast hazelnuts for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
7. Take cooked spelt in a big bowl. Add cabbage and then the dressing.
8. Drop in raisins, parsley and also apples. Add the remaining dressing.
9. Garnish with toasted hazelnuts and serve.