Betty demonstrates how to make a BLT Salad with Creamy Parmesan Dressing. If you love the combination of bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes, this is a salad you will enjoy.
|Sweet italian bread loaf||1 Small (or bread of choice)|
|Softened butter||3 Tablespoon (or as desired)|
|Iceberg lettuce||50 Gram , bite size pieces (more or less as needed)|
|Roma tomato||2 , 3/8|
|Crisp bacon strips||6 , cut into 1|
|For creamy parmesan dressing|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely shredded parmesan cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Slice bread lengthwise into 2 halves. Butter the two cut sides, top and bottom of the bread loaf.
3. Assemble the bread back into a loaf-shape and make 2 lengthwise cuts from the top and several cross cuts to obtained buttered bread cubes.
4. Place bread cubes in baking pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until bread is brown and crusty. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes to cool.
For Creamy Parmesan Dressing:
5. In blender, place mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, milk, white wine vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pulse until ingredients are combined, with some small lumps of cheese remaining. Pour into serving pitcher, cover and chill until ready to serve.
6. In a salad bowl or plate, place bite-sized lettuce on the bottom. Top with slices of tomatoes, crisp bacon and croutons. Drizzle dressing over top and sides of salad. Toss, if desired.
7. Serve immediately.