I'm revisiting the cinnamon rolls episode and making it fresh and HD! This time around we make heart shaped cinnamon rolls - a super easy trick to make your cinnamon buns festive for Valentine's Day! Don't forget the cream cheese icing! Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog full of helpful tips and fun anecdotes! Thank you for watching!
|Whole milk||1 Pound|
|Butter||12 Ounce (4 ounce for flour and 4 ounce for brushing, 4 ounces for icing)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Dash (Optional)|
|All purpose flour||608 Gram|
|Brown sugar||164 Gram (1 1/4 ounce for dough and 4 1/2 ounce for filling)|
|Baking soda||1/4 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1/4 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||1 1/2 Ounce|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon , room temperature|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce , softened|
|Powdered sugar||14 Ounce|
|Baileys irish creme/Whole milk||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 to 400 F.
2. Grease a glass Pyrex dish and line sheet pan for heart shape buns with parchment paper and grease the paper.
3. In a microwave proof bowl, place together milk and butter and microwave for 2 -3 minutes or until butter melts.
4. Add in vanilla extract if desired and whisk to mix, set aside and allow to cool.
5. In another bowl, put brown sugar and sift in flour, salt, baking soda and powder.
6. Make a well in flour mixture, pour in the milk mixture, stir the mixture using a wooden spoon until the dough comes together.
7. On a flour dusted surface, place the dough and knead it with your hands, to make soft dough and set aside.
8. In a bowl, place 4 ½ ounce of brown sugar and remaining ingredients for filling and mix with hands until it resembles sand.
9. On a floured surface, place the dough and roll it in 12” X 15” rectangle using a rolling pin, pinch and pull the dough to get exact shape.
10. Cut the rolled dough in half, brush each half with melted butter and spread the filling on top, leaving about ½“ border from all sides.
11. Roll 1 half of dough sheet, like we do for jellyroll and cut in 1” slices.
12. Place the slices in Pyrex dish.
13. For the heart shape rolls, roll the other dough sheet from both the narrow sides, till centre and cut in 1” slices, and pinch the slices to make heart shape.
14. Place the heart shape slices in prepared sheet pan.
15. Brush the sliced rolls with leftover melted butter.
16. Bake in oven at 375 to 400 F for about 25 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
17. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
18. In a bowl, place all the icing ingredients and mix well until smooth.
19. In a piping bag, fill the icing, and pipe on top of the rolls or spread on top using spoon.
21. Serve as desired.
Calories 460Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 250 mg10.42%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 35 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 8280Calories from Fat 3438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 396 g608.4%
Saturated Fat 234 g1170%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4500 mg187.56%
Total Carbohydrates 1116 g372.6%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 630 g
Protein 90 g180%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet