|Baking potato||10 Ounce , pared and cubed to make 1 1/2 cups (1 large size)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Rye flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fast rising yeast||1/4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce , shredded (1 cup)|
|Egg white||1 Large , mixed with 1 tablespoon water|
1) Lightly grease a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
2) In a saucepan, place together potato cubes with water to cover.
3) Heat potato mixture to boil.
4) Put the lid on and simmer until tender for 15 minutes.
5) Pour off the liquid, reserving 1/4 cup of water; set aside.
6) Using potato masher mash the potato cubes.
7) In a mixer bowl, place together 1 cup all-purpose flour, rye flour, yeast, caraway seeds and onion salt process until well mixed.
8) In another saucepan, heat put together potato water, milk, molasses and butter until very warm.
9) Using an electric mixer, slowly beat in milk mixture into flour mixture until ingredients are moistened.
10) Beat at medium speed 2 minutes, mix in the mashed potato; beat at high speed 2 minutes.
11) Using the wooden spoon, slowly mix in the cheese and enough of the remaining all-purpose flour to make stiff dough.
12) Lightly dust work board or pastry cloth with flour
13) Place the dough over the pastry cloth or board.
14) Using hands knead the dough until smooth and elastic, adding more flour, if needed, to make smooth dough for 8 to 10 minutes.
15) In a lightly greased medium bowl, place the dough turning over to bring the greased side up.
16) Place a damp towel to cover.
17) Leave the dough bowl in warm place to rise (85F), free from drafts, until double in bulk for 45 minutes.
18) Preheat the oven to 375F.
19) Knock the dough down, and divide into 15 pieces, shape into balls.
20) Put 9 balls in bottom of prepared pan.
21) Arrange remaining 6 balls on top; cover; allow to rise in warm place until double in bulk for 30 minutes.
22) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
23) Take the pan out from the oven, brush rolls with egg-white mixture.
24) Put the pan back in oven and bake 5 minutes more, or until shiny brown.
25) Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
26) Take out from pan and allow to cool completely.
27) Serve with salad, soup, main course or simply with soft butter as desired.
Calories 471Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 505 mg21.04%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2826Calories from Fat 486
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.4%
Saturated Fat 30 g150%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3030 mg126.24%
Total Carbohydrates 480 g160.2%
Dietary Fiber 36 g144%
Sugars 54 g
Protein 96 g192%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet