Healthy spinach rolls that would melt in your mouth. My personal favorite, this is a great combo of health and taste all in one. Serve these delicious easy to make spinach rolls and enjoy the compliments from your guests.
|Spinach||10 Ounce , frozen, chopped, thawed, drained|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) , mashed|
|Phyllo sheets||15 (Frozen, Thawed)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , melted|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach, egg, feta cheese, cream cheese, onions, salt and pepper together blend well.
3) Take one of the phyllos and brush lightly with the melted butter. Place 2 more phyllo sheets on top of it, brushing each of the sheets with butter.
4) Spread 1/5th of the spinach mixture along one short side of the phyllo sheets.
5) Fold in the sheets along the long sides, and then gently wrap it up into a roll. Brush the top of the roll lightly with butter.
6) Repeat the steps with the remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture to make 4 more rolls and brush with butter.
7) To help cut the rolls, score rolls at 1-inch intervals. At this point, the rolls can be covered and frozen for up to 6 months.
8) Place the rolls on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
9) Cut into slices and serve hot.