Richard Burr is here to show you how to make the perfect spicy sausage rolls, perfect for picnics, a light snack or to put in your kids packed lunch. Everyone will love them so give them a try.
|Sausage meat||10 2/3 Ounce|
|Harrissa paste||3 Teaspoon|
|Worcester sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
1. Mix harissa paste with sausage meat. Add chili flakes, worcester sauce and salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Roll out the pastry in in 20 x 40 cm and then cut into 10 cm strips.
3. Prepare meat balls and generously dust with flour.
4. Cut into 4 equal pieces and then roll into 10 cm long sausages.
5. Place each sausage into the pastry strip.
6. Brush egg wash over the pastry and roll it up. Cut each pastry roll into 4 pieces.
7. Brush more egg on top and cut each roll into 4 equal parts. Create slits on the roll parts.
8. Bake at 200 C for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Serve them while still hot and enjoy.