Saffron and seafood makes the Risotto perfect. Check it out!
|Saffron strands||1 Pinch|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium , diced|
|Fennel||50 Gram , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carnaroli rice||140 Gram|
|Mussels||230 Gram , cleaned and debearded|
|Shrimp||130 Gram , peeled and deveined|
|Bay scallops||200 Gram|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Soak saffron in hot water for 20 minutes.
2. In a sauce pan heat the stock gently.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil, add onion, fennel and sweat for 5 minutes.
4. Pour brandy and cook until completely absorbed.
5. Add rice and cook for 3-5 minutes.
6. Pour saffron water and a ladle of hot stock to the rice. Stir until the liquid has fully absorbed. Repeat the process until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite.
7. Add mussels, followed by a ladle of stock. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until mussels are fully opened.
8. Add shrimp and scallop. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add butter and season to taste.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!