|Cooked chicken/Chicken and ham||15 Ounce|
|Cooked rice||14 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese||5 Ounce , grated|
|Chopped mixed herbs||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Dry mustard||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Stock/Tin condensed chicken / mushroom soup||1/2 Pint|
|Green pepper/Red pepper||1|
1) Chop the onions and slice the mushrooms.
2) Coarsley chop the peppers.
3) Butter a 7-inch ring mould.
3) In a skillet, melt 2 1/2 oz butter and cook onions for 4-5 minutes to soften, without browning.
4) Remove half and put into bowl.
5) In onion bowl, add rice.
6) Beat egg with milk, 3-4 oz grated cheese and 1 level tablespoon herbs, add to onion mixture.
7) Season with salt, pepper, dry mustard and half the paprika.
8) In the ring mould fill the rice mixture and level it properly.
9) Bake for about twenty minutes. 10) When firm and cooked, remove from oven and turn out on a platter.
11) Meanwhile, prepare chicken sauce: Add sliced mushrooms to onion in pan and cook for two minutes.
12) Remove from heat, add flour, mix well; then add stock (or condensed soup).
13) Blend well, bring to the boil, cook for few minutes and add diced chicken, remaining herbs and seasoning. Flavor with nutmeg.
14) Boil the pepper for five minutes, drain and add to sauce.
15) Keep sauce warm to allow flavours to blend. Spoon hot sauce into centre of rice ring.
16) Any excess can be re-heated and served separately.
17) Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and crumbs mixed, dot over the last spoon of butter and brown under grill for a few minutes or in hot oven.
18) Sprinkle with paprika and serve hot.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3293Calories from Fat 1669
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 188 g289.2%
Saturated Fat 96 g480%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2052 mg85.5%
Total Carbohydrates 212 g70.7%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 186 g372%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet