Spam Musubi is a very popular snack and lunch food in Hawaii made in the tradition of Japanese onigiri, also known as omusubi. Spam musubi is composed of a block of rice with a slice of grilled Spam on top and nori (seaweed) wrapping to hold it together. Spam musubi is appreciated for its taste and portability. Enjoy!!
|Sushi rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Spam||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1) Cook the 3 cups sushi rice in a rice cooker.
2) Remove and cut the spam into 8 slices, place in a small glass pan.
3) In a small bowl, mix the mirin, honey and soy sauce. Pour over the spam slices and set aside for 5 minutes.
4) In a pan, heat a little oil and fry the spam for a few minutes to caramalise on both the sides, drain well.
5) Remove rice in a bowl and with mix the rice vinegar.
6) Take a ball of rice, press into the bottom of the spam can, remove and sprinkle the Furikake.
7) Place the spam over the rice cake and wrap in the Noori seaweed.
Please See Video My Videos and recipes are also available on youtube. Pls click here to check out the channel on youtube.