How do you easily make the best Cantonese Sticky Rice Siu Mai at home? Check out this video now to find out!
|12 round wonton sheet|
|1 ½ cup of sticky rice|
|1/2 of a tablespoon of pork oil|
|2 tablespoons of minced la rou bacon|
|2 dried shiitake mushroom, soak in water overnight and minced|
|1 tablespoon of minced scallions|
|1 teaspoon of minced carrots|
|1 tablespoon of oyster sauce|
|A pinch of salt|
|A pinch of five spices|
|A dash of sesame oil|
1. Soak 1 cup of sticky rice for 2 hours and drain all the water.
2. In a bowl, add the sticky rice and water to the same level as the rice. Add a pinch of salt and of tablespoon of pork oil. (Sticky rice has a lot of ability to absorb so the pork oil will make its texture even better.)
3. Steam it for 25 minutes.
4. In the steamed sticky rice, add 2 tablespoons of minced la rou bacon, 2 tablespoons of minced shiitake mushroom, 1 tablespoon of minced scallions, 1 teaspoon of minced carrots, 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, a pinch of five spices, a dash of salt, a dash of sesame oil, and mix well.
5. Then put a wonton wrapper on top of your palm. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of filling on the center of the wrapper.
7. Then place the wrapper between your index finger and your thumb.
8. Gather all the corners and wrap firmly with your index finger and thumb. At the same time, push the filling down with a spoon. Steam for 8 minutes.
9. Serve and Enjoy.