|For the prime rib roast|
|Prime rib roast||4 Pound (bone|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) , slivered|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||3 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||3 Teaspoon (or 1 Tablespoon Grand Diamond Seasoning)|
|For the roasted potatoes|
|Red potatoes with skin||1 Pound , dice (cut into ½ inch cubes)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning mix/Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (Grand Diamond Seasoning)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|For the vegetables|
|Onion||1 Small , slice|
|Zucchini||2 Small , slice (¼ inch half moon pieces)|
|Yellow summer squash||2 Small , slice (¼ inch half moon pieces)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , mince|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Season the diced potatoes with olive oil, grand diamond seasoning, and rosemary., put them on a baking tray and bake at 450 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Toss the potatoes occasionally while they are roasting. Remove when done and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees.
3. Take the prime rib roast and make small slits enough to push cloves of garlic into them. Season with olive oil and seasoning. Place it in roasting tray.
4. First cook the roast at 400 degree F for 30 minutes. Then turn the temperature down to 300 degree F and cook it further for 20 minutes per pound.
5. When meat thermometer reads 165 degrees (insert in thickest part of the roast), remove roast from the oven and transfer to meat board. Rest for 15 minutes.
6. In a large skillet heat the olive oil on medium-high. Add and saute onions and garlic until soft. Then add the sliced vegetables and seasoning. Saute for 3-4 minutes until tender-crisp. When done, Take pan off the heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
6. Slice the roast across the grain and serve the Prime Rib Roast with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes & Veggies.
While you roast the ribs you have to ensure that the fat side is up so that the meat remains moist.
Prime rib roast 2 pound needs to be cooked at 450 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered and then at 300 degrees F covered with foil.
Medium - Medium well, approximately 20 minutes of cooking per pound.
Well done approximately 30 minutes of cooking per pound.
Calories 864Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.7%
Saturated Fat 14 g70%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1463 mg60.96%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 91 g182%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 5184Calories from Fat 2370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.2%
Saturated Fat 84 g420%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 8778 mg365.76%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.2%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 546 g1092%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet