I'm back firing up the grill for some kicked up "Smoky Ribs" after a month of pizza videos! Also in this video, I am trying out a brand new spice from Tango Spice Company, called "Rome Is Burning", as I re-create a recipe that Tango Joe sent along with the sample of spice. Joe, if your reading this, I just want to say that this spice totally rocked those potatoes! Awesome product brother! Thanks so much for thinking of me, when you sent the samples out.
|Beer||24 Fluid Ounce (2 Cans)|
|Dry rub||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Weber's Chicken and rib rub)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcester shire sauce||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Serrano peppers||4 , chopped|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm) , chopped|
|Cilantro||1/2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Spare ribs||5 Pound|
|Barbecue sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Sweet baby rays)|
|Bacon grease||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Tango Joe's Rome is Burning)|
|Red onion slices||6|
|Jalapeno||3 , cored, seeded and sliced in half lengthwise|
1. To prepare the marinade, mix together beer, dry rub, olive oil, lime juice, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, serrano peppers, garlic and cilantro together.
2. Pour some marinade over spare ribs, placed on a tray. Reserve rest of the marinade for basting. Put the ribs back in the refrigerator for 4 hours such that the marinade completely soaks in.
3. Prepare the grill for cooking the ribs. Place a drip pan, filled with apple juice under the grill grates. Put some pecan wood chips over the coals for smoking. Bring the temperature upto 250 F.
4. Arrange the ribs over the grill grates, baste with the marinade. Close the dome lid and let the ribs cook for about hour and a half.
5. Swap the positions of the rib and flip them as well. Close the dome lid, stock some more of pecan wood chips and continue to cook.
6. Meanwhile rub a thin layer of bacon grease over the potatoes. Coat the potatoes in Tngo Joe's Rome is Burning seasoning. Keep an onion slice on an aluminium foil. Place a potato over the onion slice, followed by a jalapeno slice. Wrap it up in the foil completely. Repeat the same with the other potatoes to make similar tater wraps.
7. Place the potato wraps on the grill and let them cook until taters are done.
8. Remove the ribs from the grill after a total smoking time of 3 hours. Wrap them in aluminium foil, baste with the marinade and put them back on the grill. Cook them in the wrap for another hour and a half.
9. Unwrap the ribs and place them back on the grill. Brush sweet baby rays barbecue sauce on the ribs. Flip and repeat the same on the other side as well.
10. Pull the potatoes when done and unwrap them.
10. Slice and serve the ribs with tater potatoes.
Calories 893Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 766 mg31.92%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 90 g180%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 5358Calories from Fat 1680
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 186 g286.2%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4596 mg191.52%
Total Carbohydrates 306 g102%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 48 g
Protein 540 g1080%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet