Watch how to make , a crunchy and tempting cookie recipe by Anushruti.Crispy!Crunchy!Yummy these three words totally defines Melting Moments. A perfect cookie recipe which will keep you asking for more. These cookies not only look super cute but are also super tasty. So follow the recipe and treat your self with the ravishing Melting Moments.
|1/4 Small (use as little as possible)
1. Place the saffron with the warm milk in a mortar pestle. In a mortar and pestle or coffee mill, grind the cardamom seeds and nutmeg to a fine powder and keep aside.
2. Chop the pistachios into small pieces. A mezzaluna is great for this purpose!
3. Crush the saffron into a smooth paste using the mortar and pestle.
4. In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the ghee and the sugar together. Put in the saffron mixture, cardamom and nutmeg powder and blend well.
5. Put in the flour and form into a dough. If the flour refuses to co operate, add a few more drops of milk, just enough for the dough to come together and form into a dough.
6. Preheat your oven to 350 F. Divide the dough into two halves and on a clean surface roll half of the dough into 6” circle. Sprinkle half of the pistachios over it and lightly roll with a rolling pin.
7. Using a cookie cutter of your choice cut into cookies. Assemble the remaining dough, roll again and cut. Repeat until you have no dough remaining.
8. Repeat the above step for the remaining half of the dough. 9. Place the cookies on a tray lined with butter paper and bake for 15 minutes.
10. Cool completely and store in an air tight container. Serve and Enjoy!
Note : Try replacing the plain flour with whole wheat flour if you are making it for toddlers or if you would like to do so! The only difference would be that the saffron flavour would not be as distinct!