|Flour||1 cup + 2 tablespoons|
|Firm Butter||3 tablespoons|
|Vegetable Shortening||3 tablespoons|
|Ice Cold Milk||2 to 5 tablespoons|
|Dry Beans||for blind baking|
|Frozen Spinach||1 box, chopped|
|French Fried Onion Rings||1 small can|
|Sour Cream||1 large container|
|Cheddar Cheese||1 stick, grated (8 oz.)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl sieve together flour and salt.
3) Slowly rub the butter and shortening with the flour using a knife of fingers.
4) Fold in the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough ball is formed.
5) Place the dough between the sheet of parchment paper and roll out.
6) Using the dough sheet line a 8 inch pan and pierce well with a fork.
7) Put the dry beans or pie weights to prevent the bottom of pastry from
8) Blind bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
9) Remove from oven and take out the weights and allow to cool.
10) In a pot, ¾ filled with salted boiling water, blanch the spinach for 3 minutes.
11) Drain and rinse in ice-cold water and drain again.
12) In a bowl, place the spinach, onion rings, sour cream, eggs and cheese.
13) Stir well to mix.
14) Spoon the spinach mixture in the pie crust.
15) Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until golden browned on top.
16) Cut in wedges and serve hot with a small mixed salad if desired.