|Water||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Large , slightly beaten|
|For custard filling|
|Vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling||6 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Semi||sweet chocolate squares|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
3) On a waxed paper, sift the flour and salt to make cream puff.
4) Peel and slice bananas
5) To make the custard, in a bowl, mix pudding and pie filling with 2-3 tablespoons milk. In a saucepan, boil remaining milk and mix it with custard mixture slowly.
6) Bring the custard to a boil stirring constantly until custard is smooth and thickened. In a bowl, transfer the custard and cover with a plastic wrap and allow it to cool and then chill.
7) In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, add water and margarine and heat, stirring occasionally, until the margarine has melted. Bring it to a boil and turn off the heat.
8) Fold in the flour mixture and stir quickly to mix. Then, on low heat, beat it for a minute or until the dough forms a ball in the center of the pan.
9) Turn off the heat and cool for a few minutes. Then, add eggs one at a time and beat until the consistency is just stiff enough to hold its shape and drop slowly from the spoon.
10) Beat the dough until it is smooth and shiny. You can cover and refrigerate the dough overnight, if desired.
11) Now, drop 6 large well rounded tablespoons of the dough on cookie sheet. Bake the puffs for 30-35 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
12) Remove from oven and pierce the top to let steam escape. Then, bake for 5 more minutes.
13) Place the puffs on wire racks and cut each across in half and remove any uncooked mixture from inside. Let it cool.
14) In a bowl, whip together vanilla and cream just until stiff and then beat the custard until smooth. Mix it with cream.
15) Fill this mixture into the bottom half of the puffs. Put banana slices on top and put the remaining mixture. Put the puff tops.
16) To make topping, in a heat proof bowl, add chocolate and water and melt chocolate in a pan with simmering water. Add margarine. Put it on top of the puffs and let them cool and set for about 20 minutes.
17) Serve banana puffs immediately.
Calories 648Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.2%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 338 mg14.08%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2592Calories from Fat 1520
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 172 g264.8%
Saturated Fat 72 g360%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1352 mg56.32%
Total Carbohydrates 240 g80%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 108 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet