Betty demonstrates how to make Caramel Corn Puffs. This sweet treat is similar to Caramel Corn, but there are no hulls or kernels like those present in Caramel Corn made from popcorn. This snack is made from Corn Puffs.
|Corn puff||5 1/4 Ounce ((butter|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil spray||2 Tablespoon|
1. Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch by 2-inch baking dish with cooking oil spray. Set aside.
2. Place Corn Puffs in large bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, and honey. Stir constantly while bringing to a boil over medium heat.
4. Once boiling, allow to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
5. Mixture will be foamy. Stir until well blended.
6. Pour syrup over Corn Puffs. Stir well to coat.
6. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring well every 15 minutes. (I used a 275 degree (F) oven, but 250 degrees would be better!)
7. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container. Enjoy.