|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Flour/Plain flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder||4 Ounce , sieved|
|Warm water||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a medium bowl, add in the fat and sugar. Cream well to get a light and fluffy mixture.
2) Add in the eggs, one by one, and continue to beat the mixture.
3) Next, add in the dry ingredients. Carefully fold in the flour, baking powder, cocoa.
4) Also, add in enough warm water so that the batter is of a dropping consistency.
5) Grease a pudding dish with fat, margarine or butter.
6) Transfer the batter into the pudding dish to cover about 3/4 of the dish. Doing so allows the pudding to rise enough without spilling over.
7) Cover the dish with a grease-proof paper cap. Fold the cap over along the edges to prevent the steam from escaping.
8) You can do this by cutting a double grease-proof paper in a circle, the size of the dish. Grease the underside of the paper. Place this over the dish and press down the edges lightly.
9) Steam the pudding for about 1 to 1 1/4 hours over boiling water.
10) To unmould the pudding, turn the pudding dish over the serving plate. You may want to gently loosen the edges around the dish first, using a blunt knife.
11) Serve the Chocolate Steamed Sponge Pudding hot, with hot chocolate or custard sauce on the side.
12) An alternate serving option would be a drizzling of orange sauce with cubes of oranges in it.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1865Calories from Fat 924
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g161.5%
Saturated Fat 62 g310%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 158 mg6.58%
Total Carbohydrates 209 g69.7%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 114 g
Protein 28 g56%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet