|Margarine||3 Ounce (Preferably Quick|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce|
|Flour/Plain flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder||4 Ounce|
|Margarine||1/2 Ounce , melted|
1) In a large mixing bowl, add in the quick-creaming luxury margarine, castor sugar, eggs, flour, milk and sultanas.
2) Beat for about 2 minutes. If the margarine is not soft enough, press it to the sides of the bowl while beating.
3) Take a 1 1/2-pint pudding dish. Brush the sides and base of the dish with melted margarine.
4) Add the pudding mixture in.
6) Cover the dish with a grease-proof paper or foil. Place the dish in a steamer kept over boiling water.
7) Steam the pudding for about 1 1/2 hours.
8) To unmould the pudding, turn the pudding dish over the serving plate. You may want to gently loosen the edges around the dish first, using a blunt knife.
9) Serve the Sultana Sponge Pudding hot with custard sauce or fresh cream on the side.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1790Calories from Fat 813
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140%
Saturated Fat 17 g85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 182 mg7.58%
Total Carbohydrates 219 g73%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 120 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet