|Dried apricots||2 Ounce (Good Quality)|
|Flour/Plain flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder||4 Ounce|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce|
|Orange marmalade||2 Tablespoon|
1) Slice all the apricots into little pieces, except for one. If the apricots are too hard to handle, soak them in water for a couple of hours. Drain and dry them before slicing.
2) Into a bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder and salt.
3) To the dry, add in the fat along with sugar, egg and milk. Mix well to form a smooth batter.
4) Gently, fold in the sliced apricots.
5) Grease a 1-pint pudding dish. You may alternatively use four dariole or castle pudding tins. Spread the orange marmalade at the base. Place the whole apricot on top.
6) Add in the pudding mixture to fill 2/3 of the dish. Cover the top with a greased foil or paper.
7) Steam the pudding for 1 1/4 hours over boiling water. Dariole moulds would take about 20 minutes.
8) Serve the Steamed Apricot Pudding warm, with apricot sauce or jam on the side.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1404Calories from Fat 496
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.2%
Saturated Fat 33 g165%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 404 mg16.83%
Total Carbohydrates 205 g68.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 112 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet