|Lemon chiffon cake mix||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Rum extract/Flavoring||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||4 Tablespoon (Or As Needed)|
|Sun gold cream||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Take a piece of foil, long enough to go around dish and overlap slightly in half lengthwise.
Sun Gold Cream
3) In a cup, combine together sugar, flour, ginger, and salt.
4) In top bowl of double boiler, beat eggs slightly until fluffy.
5) Stir in the flour mixture, and add in orange and lemon juices.
6) While still stirring, cook over simmering water for 5 minutes, or until mixture coats the back of metal spoon.
7) Remove the bowl from the heat.
8) In a medium-size bowl, strain the flour mixture.
9) Allow the flour mixture to cool and cover with plastic film and refrigerate until chill.
10) When ready serve, in a bowl beat cream until stiff.
11) Fold the whipped cream into chilled flour mixture and use as desired.
12) Brush the foil and dish with softened butter or margarine.
13) Sprinkle the butter evenly with sugar.
14) Cover the foil around dish, making sure the buttered side goes inside, to make a 3-inch stand-up collar.
15) Hold the foil in place using a paper clip and string.
16) In a bowl, prepare the packet of egg-white mix using chiffon cake mix package, as per label directions, set aside.
17) In a saucepan, mix together flour mixture from second packet and water.
18) Stirring continuously, cook until mixture is very thick.
19) Take the pan off the heat; mix together ginger, rum extract or flavoring, and vanilla.
20) In a large mixer bowl, beat the eggs until very thick, with electric mixer at high speed.
21) In a saucepan, beat cooked mixture until very smooth with same beater.
22) Fold gently into beaten eggs.
23) Gradually add the egg mixture into beaten egg-white and cake mixture until well blended.
24) Transfer into the baking dish.
25) Cut a deep circle in batter with knife about 1 inch in from edge so dessert will puff up well.
26) Dredge the top of batter lightly with sugar.
27) Arrange the baking dish in a shallow pan and put on oven shelf.
28) Gently stream in the boiling water into pan to a depth of 1 inch.
29) Bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
30) Take the pan out from water; split the string and gently pull away foil collar.
31) Place immediately on a serving dishes and top with sun gold cream.
Calories 265Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 186 mg7.75%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 33 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1590Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1116 mg46.5%
Total Carbohydrates 300 g100.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Sugars 198 g
Protein 36 g72%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet