|Almonds||2 Ounce , chopped|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
1) Cut the breakfast rolls into thin slices. Soak them in warmed milk.
2) Use butter to grease the soaked Romertopf.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
4) In the buttered Romertopf, put a layer of the soaked bread.
5) Peel and grated the apples. Mix them with the almonds, raisins, cinnamon and sugar.
6) On top of the bread, put a layer of the mixture and continue to layer the rolls and apple mixture, finishing with the layers.
7) Heat the remainder of the milk.
8) Beat together the eggs and sugar.
9) Onto the eggs and sugar mixture, pour the milk and stir well.
10) Add in the vanilla essence.
11) Pour the mixture over the rolls and apple mixture in the Romertopf. On top, scatter a few tiny pieces of butter.
12) Cook in the hot preheated oven for 1 hour.
13) Put the cooked bread pudding on a serving platter and serve right away, while still hot. The pudding can also be served at room temperature, or even chilled. Makes a good dessert.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2897Calories from Fat 752
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.8%
Saturated Fat 27 g135%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2102 mg87.58%
Total Carbohydrates 495 g165%
Dietary Fiber 48 g192%
Sugars 274 g
Protein 77 g154%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet