This is the 4th and final installment of our Holiday Series! It's Banana Pudding. This pudding is sure to have your family fighting each other for it, and have you begging for more. This is me paying homage to Paula Deen. But, I like my banana pudding a little less sweet with much more texture and crunch than just using vanilla wafers alone. The bottom layer of crust is a great way to add texture. And a whole lot of bananas :D Yes, this is not your "traditional" banana pudding but it's easy to make and won't take too much time.
|Low fat milk||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling||5 Ounce|
|Pepperidge farm chessman shortbread cookie crumbs||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs) , ground|
|Vanilla wafer crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter stick||1|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce , softened|
|Condensed milk||14 Ounce|
|Fresh banana||7 , cut into 1/4 inch slices|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the milk and vanilla pudding and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
3. Into a medium sized bowl place the chessman cookies crumb. Add the wafer crumbsover it along with granulated sugar and mix well. Add the melted butter to the crumbs and stir, making sure all of the crumbs are moistened.
4. Into an ungreased 9x11 glass baking dish, pour the crumbs and and evenly spread them out. Lightly press the crumbs with a smaller baking dish that has been covered with saran wrap.
5. Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees or until the edges become light golden brown. (Watch the crust and set a timer if necessary.) Once baked, allow the crust to totally cool before pouring in the filling.
6. Meanwhile, into a medium sized bowl pour the heavy whipping cream. Using a hand mixer, mix the heavy cream on low speed for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, turn the mixer to high speed and mix for about 5 minutes or until the whipped cream forms soft peaks. Set aside.
7. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk, mix using the hand mixer just until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Now, pour the thick vanilla pudding into the bowl containing the cream cheese and condensed milk mixture. Using a large spoon or spatula, mix all of the ingredients together until well incorporated. Gently fold in half of the whipped cream into the mixture until incorporated and then fold in the second half until everything is well combined.
9. Place the baking dish containing the cooled crust on a flat surface. Pour in about 1/3 of the filling on top of the crust and spread out evenly. Place the banana slices on top of the filling. Pour the remaining filling on top of the sliced bananas and spread out evenly covering all of the bananas. Cover the dish with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
10. Serve chilled.