The perfect snack while tailgating with friends, or watching the big game at home!
|Bacon strips||12 Large|
|Barbecue rub||To Taste|
|Pickled jalapeno peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Dark beer||355 Liter (mexican beer used)|
|Oaxaca cheese||10 Ounce|
|Shredded pepper jack cheese||8 Ounce|
1. Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F.
2. Season the bacon strips with your choice of rub. Flip the strips and season on the other side as well.
3. Gently press in the chopped jalapeno peppers on half of the bacon strips.
4. Wrap one bacon strip around each pretzel stick and keep them on a plate.
5. Place the wrapped pretzel sticks on preheated grill and cook on indirect heat for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a large pot pour the beer and bring to a simmer. Add theoaxaca cheese and pepper jack cheese, allow them to melt completely. Add fresh salsa to the pot and stir.
7. Remove pretzel sticks from the grill and allow them to cool on a wire rack
8. Serve accompanied with the beer and cheese sauce.