Using Brevilles Smart Oven and Sous Chef, Chef Sisha Ortuzar of Riverpark in NYC created one of his favorite seasonal recipes. It is easy and quick!
This salsa verde features the unique herbs were growing at Riverpark Farmespecially red amaranth, which adds flecks of purple and red to the salsa. Dont worry if some of these herbs arent available to you, whats important is using herbs that are fresh and flavorful.
|Prawns||12 (peeled and cleaned)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Dash|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Dash|
|Garlic cloves||2 (peeled and roughly chopped)|
|Oregano||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red amaranth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mint||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rosemary||1/8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon (zest of 1 lemon)|
|Lemons||1 1/2 (juiced)|
|Olive oil||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs) , divided|
1. Season the prawns with salt and olive oil.
2. Set the Breville Smart Oven to Roast at 450˚F.
3. In a food processor, process the garlic first with the olive oil, then add the herbs. Process until the salsa comes together, but the herbs are still roughly chopped, adding more olive oil to finish, as needed.
4. Add the lemon zest and juice, stir and set aside.
5. Season the prawns with olive oil, salt and black pepper.
6. Roast the prawns for 3-5 minutes, or until they become firm and have developed color.
7. To serve, arrange the prawns on a platter and spoon over the salsa verde. Serve with toast to enjoy the leftover sauce.