|Bacon slice||1 , unsmoked, rinded and chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||25 Gram (optional)|
|Onions||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Carrots||2 , scraped and sliced|
|Celery stalks||3 , scrubbed and chopped|
|Boiling fowl||1 , jointed and skinned (if liked)|
|Brown stock/Water and 1/2 chicken stock cube||450 Milliliter (hot)|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grilled bacon rolls||1 Tablespoon|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) Heat the cooker gently.
3) Heat the bacon rind gently to release the fat.
4) Add the bacon to the cooker and fry until beginning to colour.
5) If necessary add the butter or margarine to the cooker and saute the vegetables.
6) Lift them out and drain well, discard the bacon rind.
7) Brown the pieces of fowl well on both sides.
8) Lift out the fowl and drain off the excess fat.
9) Add the stock and tomato puree to the cooker, stir well.
10) Replace the vegetables and bacon.
11) Put the pieces of fowl on top.
12) Add salt and pepper and the bouquet garni.
13) Close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
14) Reduce the pressure quickly.
15) Discard the bouquet garni.
16) Skim off any excess fat.
17) Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
18) Serve the braised fowl garnished with grilled bacon rolls.