A beautiful cornish hen recipe that can go well for a party or a special occasion.
|Cornish hen||4 1/2 Kilogram (3 in number, 750 gram each)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Softened butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Gumbo file||1 Teaspoon|
|Lady bird apple||3 , cored and halved|
1. Remove giblets and neck from the chicken.
2. Rinse hen with cold water and then pat it dry.
3. Put the giblets in a pot of boiling water. Season with salt and then continue to boil.
4. Prepare a bed of pine needles on the roasting pan. Set it aside.
5. Massage the bird with softened butter. Season the back of the bird with salt, pepper, gumbo file and cayenne pepper.
6. Repeat seasoning the inside of the bird the same way.
7. Stuff the cavity with haskap quinoa stuffingand secure it tightly with the lady bird apples.
8. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
9. Place the birds in the roasting pan breast side up. Tuck the wings inside to prevent them from burning.
10. Roast at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
11. Reduce the temperature to 350 F and let the birds cook for 45 minutes.
12. Baste with the drippings of the pan and let them cook for another 15- 20 minutes.
13. Glaze with haskap jalapeno relish on the skin all over. Roast for additional 5- 7 minutes.
14. Put the bird under the broiler to get some crisp around the skin for 5 minutes.
15. Cover with loose foil for 5 minutes and let it rest.
16. Serve with some some green beans and enjoy.