Tonight I did a pork tenderloin stuffed with spinach, artichoke,and cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and glazed with an apricot, ginger, and white wine.
|For artichoke filling|
|Canned artichoke||14 Ounce , diced|
|Cream cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Roasted garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chopped|
|Grated parmesan||2 Tablespoon|
|For pork tenderloin|
|Pork loin||2 , butterflied|
|Crisp bacon||2 Tablespoon|
|For apricot glaze|
|Apricot preserves||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pinot grigio white wine||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the smoker to 275 F using apple wood and mesquite lump.
2. In a bowl, mix all ingredients for spinach artichoke filling together and set aside.
3. Butterfly the pork loins, pound them flat and lay them flat on working table.
4. Sprinkle the rub all over the meat, spread the spinach artichoke filling and sprinkle the crispy bacon.
5. Roll the loins tightly and wrap bacon slices on both.
6. Place the wrapped, pork tenderloin on smoker rack and let it cook to about 1 1/5 to 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches up to 160 F.
7. Meanwhile in a saucepan, place together all the ingredients for apricot glace and bring to simmer and let it thicken up.
8. Once the sauce thickens, take the pan of the heat and set aside.
9. Before the last 15 minutes of cooking, brush 1 loin with glaze and other with barbecue glaze.
10. Remove the pork loin from smoker and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
11. Slice the pork tenderloin and serve as desired.