|Ground pork||1 1/2 Pound|
|Finely chopped onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Potatoes||1 Pound (2 large size)|
|Ground allspice||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Pastry for 2 crust 9 inch pie||1|
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine pork, onion and 1/2 cup water.
3. Mix well.Cook the ingredients for 60 minutes keeping the pan covered.
4. Peel the potatoes. Cut them into small cubes and cook in salted water till they are tender. Drain excess water.
5. Add potato to meat mixture. Also add salt, allspice, cloves and pepper.
6. Mash the ingredients well using a potato masher.
7. Roll half of pastry to make an 11-inch circle. Fit it well in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
8. Pour meat mixture into shell.
9. Roll other half of pastry to make an 11-inch circle.
10. Adjust pastry over top. Crimp its sides. Make many slits in top for steam to escape.
11. In a bowl, mix egg yolk with 2 tablespoons water. Brush this generously over pastry.
12. Place in preheated oven. Bake 20 minutes till it turns golden brown in color.
13. Serve Marie Lamarre'S Tourriere warm or cold.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3074Calories from Fat 1767
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 198 g304.6%
Saturated Fat 62 g310%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2273 mg94.71%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g64%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 142 g284%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet