|Fresh pork fat||2 Ounce , diced|
|Boneless lamb shoulder||2 Pound , cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks|
|Flour||2 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1/2 Teaspoon , finely chopped|
|Dry white wine||6 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||1 1/4 Pint|
|Lemon juice||2 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 500 F.
2. In a heavy and large frying pan fry the diced pork pieces over high heat. Stir freequently so that the pork pieces are browned and crispy.
3. Remove the pork pieces using a perforated spoon.
4. In the left over fat of the pan, brown the lamb pieces. Brown 4-5 pieces at a time.
5. Fry till the pieces are golden brown in color from all sides. Transfer them to a medium size casserole.
6. Pour off all the fat from pan. Let the bottom thin layer be in the pan to be used later.
7. Sprinkle pepper and salt on the lamb. Add flour and toss the meat using a wooden spoon so that the lamb is well coated.
8. In the top section of the oven place the casserole. Brown the lamb for 10 minutes keeping the casserole uncovered while turning 3 times in between. Check so that there are no lumpy flour remaining and the chunks develop light crusts.
9. Remove casserole from heat and reduce the oven to 350°F.
10. In the remaining fat cook the garlic for 1 minute while stirring in between.
11. Pour wine and boil so that the liquid reduces to 3 tablespoons. Scrape off additional brown bits which might be attached in the sides of frying pan.
12. Stir the stock. Boil.
13. In the casserole pour the ingredients on the chunks of lamb.
14. On top of stove boil the casserole.
15. Mix bay leaves. Cover and cook for 45 minutes in the centre part of the oven. Cook till the lamb is tender. Check by piercing with a sharp knife.
16. In a heated deep dish, transfer the lamb using a perforated spoon. Cover it using an aluminium foil.
17. In a saucepan strain the braising stock using a fine sieve.
18. Settle the stock for a minutes. Skim allfat from its surface.
19. In a small bowl beat lemon juice and egg yolk. Stir 2 tablespoons of hot sauce.
20. Add more stock ( 2 tablespoons). Whisk and stir 2 tablespoons of hot sauce.
21. Add 2 tablespoons of stock. Keep stirring. Whisk warm lemon and egg yolk mixture in the pan.
22. Boil in moderate heat for 30 minutes. Keep stirring till the sauce thickens. Check its thickness by checking if it is coating the wires of whisk very lightly.
23. Taste to check the seasoning
24. Serve Abbaccbio Brodettato withsauce on lamb garnished with parsley.