|Old grouse||2 , cut into pieces|
|Lean pork||12 Ounce , cut into 5|
|Lean gammon||4 Ounce , soaked and diced (100 grams /1/4 pounds)|
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 grams /1/4 cup)|
|Red wine||1/4 Pint (150 ml /2/3 cup)|
|Fresh tarragon sprigs/Dried tarragon||1 teaspoon|
|Mixed spice||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Game stock/Chicken stock||1 1/2 Pint (900 ml /3 3/4 cups)|
|Orange||1 , coarsely grated rind and juice|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to moderate oven 160°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3.
2. In a bowl take the seasoned flour and toss the pieces of grouse, pork and gammon.
3. In a frying pan put the butter and heat until it is hot.
4. Put the pieces in the pan and brown them nicely on all sides.
5. In a flameproof casserole dish pour the wine and put the meat pieces into this casserole and bring it to a boil. (The wine can be flamed if desired)
6. Now add the bouquet garni, tarragon, mixed spice, stock and orange juice.
7. Cover the casserole and cook it in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender.
8. In a serving dishes take out the meat pieces, remove the bouquet garni from the sauce and reduce it until thick.
9. Serve by pouring the hot sauce over the meat and garnished with orange rind.