The BLT is one of my all time favorite sandwiches. Bacon is one of my all time favorite foods. Llano Seco has the best bacon I've ever had. And, I love pizza. So... I made a BLT Pizza!!
Why is it so good? Because of the: Alfredo sauce (homemade, with lots of garlic and parmesan cheese) (ya know, in place of the mayo), tomatoes, asparagus (it wasn't weird, really!), spinach (the "L"), chives, bacon (duh), and Irish cheddar (not too much, so it didn't overwhelm). And, it's all on top of a homemade pizza crust!
|For the pizza|
|Pizza crust||1 Medium|
|Tomato||1/2 Medium , sliced, quartered|
|Asparagus||2 Medium , thinly sliced at an angle (1|
|Bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs) , cooked, crumbled (1/2|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon , chopped (1|
|Irish cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) , grated (1/2|
|Spinach||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , torn|
|For the alfredo sauce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium , minced (3|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) , grated (1/2|
|For the green salad|
|Lettuce leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spinach||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium , grated|
|Apple||1 Medium , chopped|
|For the orange dressing|
|Olive oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/4|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon (Juice from 2 Oranges)|
|Vinegar||1 Dash (Optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 475 F.
To prepare the pizza crust:
2. Roll out pizza dough and roll the edge a bit to make a crust. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
To prepare the Alfredo sauce:
3. Heat pan, add olive oil.
4. Whisk in flour, cook 30 seconds.
5. Add garlic, cook an additional 30 seconds.
6. Slowly whisk in milk. Over medium heat, let it thicken, whisking occasionally.
7. Once thick, remove from heat and whisk in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
To prepare the Pizza:
8. Top pizza crust with alfredo sauce, tomato, asparagus, spinach, bacon, chives, and cheddar cheese.
9. Return to oven and bake for 7-8 minutes (or until crust is as crispy as you’d like it, and cheese is melted).
To prepare the green salad with the orange dressing:
10. In a bowl, slowly whisk olive oil into orange juice, creating an emulsion. Add salt, pepper and vinegar (if using).
11. In a bowl, add lettuce with spinach, carrot, and apple. Toss with the prepared orange dressing.
12. Serve the pizza with the green salad tossed in the orange dressing.
Calories 568Calories from Fat 352
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.2%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 746 mg31.08%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3408Calories from Fat 2112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 258 g397.2%
Saturated Fat 78 g390%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4476 mg186.48%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g60%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 108 g216%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet