Making a cookie crumb pie crust is easier than you think but you need to make sure the crumbs are not overly soggy with butter or egg white. Generally this recipe can be used for graham cracker crumbs, teddy graham crumbs, oreo crumbs, and nilla wafer crumbs but keep in mind because each cookie is unique you may need more or less butter (usually less). Start by adding less butter then adding more if you need it.
|Cookie crumbs||6 Ounce|
|Egg white||3/4 Ounce (fresh or carton)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a bowl, put together cookie crumb, butter and egg white.
3. With your fingers, rub all the ingredients together, until until it holds the shape when pressed together.
4. In a pie tin, put the crumb mixture and starting from the center, press and push the crumb mixture, while slowly rotating the pie tin.
5. Press the crumb mixture in the bottom and side of pie tin, to make an even crust.
6. Bake the pie crust in the oven for 8 minutes, or until it turn dark in colour.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
8. Fill in the filling of your choice and use as desired.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1255Calories from Fat 733
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.2%
Saturated Fat 41 g205%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 940 mg39.17%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 73 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet