|Veal cutlets||1 1/2 Pound (1/4 inch thick)|
|Ham slice||1 Pound , fully cooked (1/2 inch thick)|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried marjoram leaves||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1 Dash|
|Piecrust mix||14 1/4 Ounce (1 1/2 package, 9.5 ounce size)|
|Canned deviled ham||4 1/2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Hard cooked eggs||4 , shelled|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. With damp paper towels wipe veal. Cut them into 12 even pieces. Pound each with mallet.
3. Remove the excess fat from ham. Make strips 2 inches by 3/4 inch.
4. In small bowl, mix salt, onion, thyme, pepper, parsley and marjoram.
5. Blend the ingredients well.
6. Prepare the piecrust mix just as mentioned in the label. Shape the mixture into a ball. Remove one-third pastry. Keep it aside.
7. Sprinkle flour on a wooden surface and roll out larger portion of pastry into a 12-inch circle. Keep aside the trimmings.
8. In a 9-inch, deep, fluted pie plate, line pastry, letting them stand up around edge.
9. Roll out remaining pastry into an 11-inch circle. Set aside trimmings.
10. To decorate top of pie, roll out all trimmings and cut into diamond-shaped pieces, about 1 inch wide and 1 1/4 inches long.
11. In pie plate, over pastry, spread deviled ham.
12. Arrange half of veal over ham.
13. Sprinkle half of herb mixture over it.
14. Again top it with the remaining ham strips.
15. Arrange whole hard cooked eggs in center, spoke fashion.
16. Repeat layering, mounding in center over eggs and using rest of veal, herb mixture and ham.
17. Adjust a 11-inch pastry circle just over the filling. Fold the bottom crust over top crust. Seal well by pressing its edges together. Crimp decoratively.
18. With tip of sharp paring knife, cut a 1 1/2-inch round hole in center for steam vent.
19. Arrange diamond-shaped pastry pieces on top. Brush with beaten egg.
20. Place it in preheated oven, and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
21. In a small saucepan add chicken broth. Sprinkle gelatin over chicken broth. Let stand to soften.
22. Place the pan over heat and cook until gelatin is dissolves, stirring continuously. Let stand at room temperature.
23. Let pie cool on wire rack 30 minutes.
24. Through a small funnel, slowly pour broth mixture into center of pie.
25. Allow the pie to cool for 2 hours or longer before refrigerating, loosely covered, overnight.
26. Serve cold veal and ham pie chill with lemon wedge garnish.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3595Calories from Fat 886
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.3%
Saturated Fat 33 g165%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 9006 mg375.25%
Total Carbohydrates 313 g104.3%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 362 g724%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet