|Butter||2 1/2 Ounce|
|Strong chicken stock||3/4 Pint|
|Mixed herbs||2 Tablespoon (Leveled) (parsley, tarragon and thyme)|
|Thick ham slice||6 Medium|
|Frozen puff pastry||11 Ounce (1 package)|
1) Remove meat off chicken bones and cut in large chunks.
2) Chop ham and slice 2 onions.
3) In a apn, put carcass and giblets with 2 onions, carrots, celery, herbs and peppercorns.
4) Cover with water and cook until well flavoured; strain and add salt.
5) In a skillet, melt 1 oz butter, cook sliced onions for 3-4 minutes.
6) Then add mushrooms; cook for 1 minute, remove and keep warm.
7) In another pan, heat another 1 oz butter and fry chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes to seal meat.
8) Add flour, then pour on stock and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for 1 minute.
9) Then add onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle in herbs and seasoning.
10) In bottom of a pie dish, place ham and make a layer.
11) Pour in half chicken mixture, another layer of ham, remaining chicken mixture, and top with ham. Allow to cool.
12) Roll out pastry, place thin strip around moistened edge of pie dish.
13) Brush this strip with water and place the large piece of pastry on top.
14) Crimp edges together; then cut off excess with sharp knife. Make 3-4 holes to allow steam to escape, decorate with pastry leaves and flowers. Brush pastry with beaten egg.
15) Bake in hot oven for 25 minutes to cook pastry. Cover pastry with damp greaseproof paper or foil.
16) Reduce heat to 375°F or Mark 5 for another 20 minutes to cook chicken.
17) Serve the chicken and ham pie cut in pieces.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5906Calories from Fat 3289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 367 g564.6%
Saturated Fat 121 g605%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3942 mg164.25%
Total Carbohydrates 247 g82.3%
Dietary Fiber 21 g84%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 394 g788%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet