|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Cold water||7 Tablespoon|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1/2 , grated|
|Chicken||1 Pound , cooked (Use Cold)|
1) Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch strips.
2) Sift together flour and salt.
3) Add fat and rub in until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4) Add water and bind together to form a stiff dough.
5) Leave the dough to rest in a cool place for 10 minutes.
6) In a large bowl, combine egg and milk, blend well; add tarragon, lemon rind, salt and pepper.
7) Add chicken strips.
8) Cut off one-third of pastry and set aside.
9) Roll out remaining pastry to a circle about 9 in. in diameter, and line a 7-in. flan ring, leaving 1/4 in. overlapping.
10) Fill the pie with chicken and egg mixture.
11) Cover the pie dish.
12) Bake at 425°F, 220°C, Gas Mark 7, for 20 minutes.
13) From the dish, remove flan ring carefully and reduce oven temperature to 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4.
14) Continue baking for 40 minutes.
15) Let the pie cool completely and wrap in heavy duty foil or polythene.
16) Thaw the pie at room temperature, reheat it, cut into pieces and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2822Calories from Fat 1524
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g261.5%
Saturated Fat 50 g250%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2444 mg101.83%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 123 g246%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet