|Parsley||1 Tablespoon , chopped|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Shortcrust pastry||12 Ounce|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon , mixed with 2 tablespoons of water|
1) wash the chicken and pat it dry.
2) Boil it for about 3 hours until tender.
3) Finely chop the bacon
4) Remove flesh from the chicken bones and keep the chicken stock aside.
5) In a foil pie-dish, place the chicken flesh in layers, alternating with finely chopped bacon and parsley and a sprinkling of mixed herbs.
6) Make a gravy with the reserved chicken stock by cooking it with corn flour mixture to thicken.
7) Season lightly and cover with a gravy made from the chicken stock.
8) Let the pie cool and cover with pastry.
9) Bake at 450°F, 230°C, Gas Mark 8, for 45 minutes.
10) Let the pie cool completely.
11) Pack by putting foil dish into polythene bag.
12) Reheat the pie, cut into pieces and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3314Calories from Fat 1786
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 198 g304.6%
Saturated Fat 60 g300%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 985 mg41.04%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 320 g640%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet