|9 inch plain pastry||1|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour/Cornstarch||3 tablespoons|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , slightly beaten|
|Ripe bananas||3 Medium|
|For soft meringue|
|Cream of tartar||1/4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Line a 9-inch pie plate with rolled plain pastry, flute the edges and prick the pastry all over with fork.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden; then allow to thoroughly cool.
4) In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt together.
5) Gradually stir in milk, stir continuously and cook until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
6) Cook and stir for another 2 minutes , then remove from heat.
7) Stir a little hot mixture into yolks, then return into the hot mixture and
cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
8) Remove from heat, stir in butter and vanilla.
9) Soft Meringue: In a bowl, beat 3 egg whites with vanilla and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
10) Gradually add 6 tablespoons sugar, beating till stiff peaks form and all sugar is dissolved.
11) Peel and slice the bananas into the cooled baked pastry shell.
12) Pour over the pudding and spread Soft Meringue on top, sealing to the pastry.
13) Bake at 350° about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the meringue is golden.
Allow to cool.
14) Slice and serve the Banana Cream Pie on a platter.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2280Calories from Fat 590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.5%
Saturated Fat 30 g150%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 899 mg37.46%
Total Carbohydrates 388 g129.3%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 312 g
Protein 43 g86%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet