|Pie pastry||1 Pound|
|Chicken||1 1/2 Pound (boneless)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon , grated|
|Dried sage||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked ham||1/4 Pound , sliced|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||6 Tablespoon|
1) Roll out two-thirds of pastry and use to line a greased 6 inch loose-bottomed cake pan.
2) Reserve remaining pastry for lid.
3) Preheat oven to 375°.
4) Finely dice chicken, keeping breast and dark meat separate.
5) Season both well and add lemon rind and sage.
6) Dice ham.
7) Cover pastry case with half breast meat, then with half dark meat.
8) Spread all ham on top, then repeat layering of dark and breast meats.
9) Roll reserved pastry to make lid.
10) Moisten dough edges and place lid in position.
11) Press down firmly to seal.
12) Make a hole in center and decorate top.
13) Glaze with lightly beaten egg.
14) Bake for 1 hour, then reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake for a further 1 -€” 1 1/4 hours.
15) Remove pie from oven, cool for 30 minutes then remove from pan and leave until cold.
16) Meanwhile, dissolve gelatin in chicken broth.
17) When the gelatin mixture begins to set, put a funnel or cone of foil or wax paper into the center hole in the pie.
18) Pour in gelatin and chill in refrigerator till set.
19) Serve cold deep chicken and ham pie with salad.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3897Calories from Fat 2033
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 226 g347.7%
Saturated Fat 79 g395%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2888 mg120.33%
Total Carbohydrates 267 g89%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Protein 189 g378%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet