Homemade pizzas may make mom a hero in her kids' eyes, but let's face it, it's often hard to find the time on a busy weeknight.
One way to get a personalized pizza experience is to start with a prepared cheese pizza and layer up from there. President's Choice Quattro Formaggi Wood-Fired Thin Crust Pizza, straight from the freezer, is a perfect base and family members can top it with any of their favourites. Toppings can even be prepared the evening before.
Try these fun, fast pizzas that will please everyone around the dinner table:
1. For the burger fanatic: Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Burger lovers will flip if you put together mouthwatering toppings like ground beef, dill pickle, tomatoes and crumbled bacon.
2. For the health conscious: Confetti Pizza
Treat the kids to a delicious multi-coloured pizza by topping the crust with red and yellow peppers and broccoli.
3. For the family foodie: Garden Fresh Pancetta Pizza
Try a combination of fresh baby arugula and basil with savoury pancetta and sweet red peppers.
4. For the vegetarian: Antipasto Pizza
Go to the spirit of Italy when you top the crust with traditional antipasto ingredients like mushrooms, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes.
If you have a bit of spare time, try your hand at this easy and delicious yeast-free pizza dough recipe that's ready in no time:
|12 inch pizza crusts dough||2 (Quick No|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Fine sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt; using wooden spoon stir in water and 1/4 cup (50 mL) oil until mixture comes together. Using hands, form dough into a ball. Knead gently 8 to 10 times in the bowl until smooth. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into 12-inch (30 cm) round. Place each on pizza pan. Fold 1/2 inch (1 cm) border up and press to form a raised edge. Brush crusts with remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil. Top with your favourite toppings.
3. Bake on bottom rack of oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden.
For more time saving tips and pizza recipes visit pc.ca.