One of our most-requested recipes! From Vickie's own kitchen, this recipe is best using homegrown Roma tomatoes and basil...a summertime favorite. When she brings one into the office to share, it never lasts long.
|Tomatoes||4 Medium , chopped and drained (roma tomatoes, chopped and drained)|
|Onion||1 Medium , chopped|
|Fresh basil||12 Medium , chopped|
|Pie crust||1 Medium , baked (9|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) , shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) , shredded|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , grated|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together mozzarella and cheddar cheese with mayonnaise.
3. In a pie crust, place half of tomato, onion and basil, in layers.
4. Top with layers of remaining tomato, onion, and basil.
5. Spread the cheese mixture over top of the vegetables and top with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until golden brown on top.
7. Let the pie stand for 15 minutes so the pie sets well.
8. Cut in wedges and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 4022Calories from Fat 2918
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 326 g501.5%
Saturated Fat 95 g475%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4567 mg190.29%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 95 g190%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet